Benefits of Hiring a Property Manager
The Benefits of Hiring a Professional Property Manager Saves You Time, Work, and Stress:
- You don’t have to hire someone to clean, paint, or make repairs.
- You don’t have to advertise, take rental calls, and show the property.
- You don’t have to screen applications and be apprehensive about who to pick.
- You don’t have to execute a rental agreement, worry about adding addendums, fill out the move-in inspection report, and deposit money.
- You don’t have tenants calling at all hours of the day and night.
- You don’t have to confront tenants on tough issues like collecting rent or taking better care of the property.
- You don’t have to collect NSF checks.
- You don’t have to serve legal notices or start an eviction.
- You don’t have to schedule and fill out the move-out inspection report.
- You don’t have to mail the tenant’s accounting report and refund check.
- You don’t have to start the process all over again.
You don’t have to worry about the property or be shocked by its condition when you hire a professional property manager. Professional property managers are dedicated to selecting quality tenants and keeping your investment in good repair with minimal cost. They want your real estate investment to be a success not a failure. One last benefit – your leasing and management fees are usually a tax deduction.
Are there good reasons for managing your own rental property? Are they worth the risk?
What Distinguishes a Professional Property Manager from Other Landlords?
- Do you know all of the landlord/tenant laws for your city, state, and federal government?
- Do you know rent values, vacancy factors, and time on the market in your area?
- Do you have a rental application and consistent screening policies that meet all of your legal obligations?
- Do you take the time to perform thorough move-in/move-out written inspections and routine property inspections?
- Do you personally know reputable painters, electricians, roofers, chimney cleaners, carpenters, furnace and appliances repairmen who are licensed, affordable, and reliable?
- Do you effectively confront and negotiate with the tenant and enforce the terms of your rental agreement?
- Do you have the ability to recover NSF checks, evict tenants, and collect bad debts?
A Professional Property Manager Does